I was beginning to stress about April’s A-Z Challenge, being such a pro-level procrasinator, when I read Brooke Devereaux‘s news that she had been nominated for a Liebster Award. I then read on her blog that part of accepting the award involved not just giving some information about yourself by way of questions from the person who nominated you, but also to nominate some blogs as well. As I read on, I did a double-take when I saw this very blog on her list of nominees! So, not only do I owe Miss Devereaux an infinite amount of gratitude for the nomination, I also send her thanks for giving me the first subject for the A-Z Challenge. Thanks, Brooke!
Here are the guidelines:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Then ask your nominees 11 questions.
OK, first two done. Next:
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I am left-handed.
2. I am an only child.
3. I began writing short stories in 8th grade.
4. I turned in a short story for extra credit in my 11th grade English class, and the teacher was so disturbed by its content that he arranged an appointment for me with one of the school counselors. LOL
5. I completed the 1996 LA Marathon. Notice I didn’t say ran, but completed.
6. I think Morphine is the most underrated band in the history of rock music.
7. I crack my knuckles a lot, lot, lot.
8. I am extremely shy around people I don’t know.
9. I love spending weekends cooking with my wife.
10. If I could devote half the time I spend watching TV to writing, I’d have filled up my hard drive by now.
11. I play the guitar with a high level of mediocrity.
The questions asked by my presenter, Brooke:
- What inspired you to start blogging? After reading others’ blogs for awhile I became slightly less intimidated with it, although it’s still a little nerve-wracking.
- What’s your favorite topic to write about? Ha! You’ll be the first to know.
- Do you prefer fact or fiction? Fiction, for the most part.
- What’s the last book you read? Blood & Gristle, by Michael Louis Calvillo
- What would be your ultimate getaway? Although there are several foreign countries I’d like to visit, I think Hawaii is my ultimate.
- If you had one wish, what would it be? More wishes! (badum tish!)
- What’s your best attribute? I think it’s my sense of humor, although my answer to the previous question may leave people thinking otherwise.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve? Right now it’s overuse of the word ‘amazing’.
- What’s your favorite time of the year? November-March. No yard work!
- Where do you get your best work done? At work, ironically. A great deal of my writing happens on my lunch breaks.
- If your could be anyone else, who would it be? My doggie Maximus, because he is the real king of this castle.
Ok, now comes the hardest part for me: nominating others. I published my first blog post on February 26. This is just my fourth post. Suffice it to say, I’m quite the newbie. I’ve ever so slowly been checking out new blogs, but at this point I don’t even follow 11 blogs, let alone have that many to recommend. Hopefully this won’t lead to the award being taken away, I’ve already printed out a copy and had it framed and mounted above the fireplace. I do, however, recommend the following blogs wholeheartedly:
Alright, nominated bloggers, your mission should you choose to accept it: answer the following 11 questions.
1. What do you do to kill time when the power goes out?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
3. What book or movie is extremely popular that you absolutely cannot stand?
4. Where is the most remote place you’ve ever been?
5. Why do you have a blog?
6. If you could time travel, what period would you go to?
7. What was your favorite breakfast cereal as a kid?
8. What would be your last meal?
9. What natural disaster is scariest to you?
10. What are you having for dinner tonight?
11. Where would be the dream location to spend New Year’s Eve?
7 thoughts on “A is for Award!”
Great start to the challenge. This is a very neat way to share bloggers with the world. 😉
Congrats on the Liebster. I am part of the A to Z challenge and hope to get to read a lot of great blog posts.
Ama- ahem. Amusing answers. 😀
I also crack my knuckles, but have now limited the frequency to when I’m not working on one of my WiPs.
I’m your blog’s minion, btw, so I’ll be stopping by again soon.
I love question posts like this. Even if you don’t know the blogger, it helps “break the ice” quite nicely.
This is my first go at the A-Z challenge… I’m looking forward to both the writing (though I did get a little panicked last night…) and the getting to know other bloggers.
Panic is a good word for it. I thought of my ‘B’ post minutes before I started typing, and as soon as I finished I started stressing about the ‘C’ post.
Glad you accepted the award. Enjoyed reading your answers. I see we have number two under random facts in common AND you’re off to a good start on the A to Z Challenge!
I always attributed my wild imagination (and extreme shyness) to being an only child.